The RP3 program recognizes utilities that demonstrate high proficiency in reliability, safety, work force development and system improvement. Criteria within each of the four RP3 areas are based upon sound business practices and recognized industry leading practices.
What is RP3?
The 2017 application is officially open! Get started by registering today and completing the application in the RP3 online system at rp3.publicpower.org.
- Apply Online! Please remember that the RP3 Application must be submitted through the online application system. Register your utility here to begin your application.
- Preview the Application! Take a look at the 2017 application questions as a PDF and complete the application at rp3.publicpower.org.
- Pay for your RP3 application! Visit the Association's product store or click here. Payment is due by September 30th.
- Check out helpful resources! See the "Application" tab or the "Applicant Resources" section below for more info.
Want to share information about the program with others? Download the RP3 brochure here!
2016 RP3 Application
Registration for the 2017 application is available here and the application questions can be previewed here. All applications should be submitted using the RP3 Designation Online system accessible at http://rp3.publicpower.org. Utilities that apply in 2017 will be designated in 2018.
How has the 2017 application changed? The majority of questions are unchanged since 2016. See what's new in this version of the 2017 application with changes shown in red.
2017 is the thirteenth year of the RP3 program. Since the introduction of the online application system in 2014, several significant changes were introduced to the program, including the integration of the Application Guide into the online system.
Our complimentary webinar series goes through each section of the application in detail. Recordings of the 2017 webinars are available below:
- Reliability - view recording | view slides (4/11/2017)
- Safety - view recording | view slides (4/18/2017)
- Workforce Development - view recording | view slides (5/2/2017)
- System Improvement - view recording | view slides (5/23/2017)
- 2017 Application Guide
- I.B.2 on National Reliability Benchmarking
- III.C.2 on Networking and Professional Development Example Spreadsheet
- III.C.3 on Membership and Service Example Spreadsheet
- RP3 Online Application System User Guide - Primary User
Learn more from the Application section or by emailing RP3@publicpower.org with questions.