Marketing and Advertising Opportunities
- Opportunities to submit topic and content ideas for APPA’s Experts Blog, Public Power Daily/Weekly e-newsletters, and Public Power magazine.
- Opportunities to share innovative partnership project ideas with nearly 900 utilities that participate in APPA’s Demonstration of Energy & Efficiency Developments (DEED) research and grant program.
- Complimentary basic listing in the APPA Online Suppliers Guide, the gateway to products and services that public power utilities need.
- Opportunities to post content-rich articles on APPA Suppliers NewsCentral on the APPA Online Suppliers Guide. State associations and Joint Action Agencies are reminded on a monthly basis to review the articles and use them when they need content for their member communications.
- Opportunities to post press releases and white papers on APPA Suppliers NewsCentral, featured on the APPA Online Suppliers Guide.
- Complimentary listing in the Business Resource Section of APPA’s Annual Directory & Statistical Report.
- Discounts on advertising in Public Power Daily and Public Power Weeklyenewsletters.
- Discounts on banner ads on PublicPower.org.
- Discounts on sponsorship and vendor expo fees at APPA Academy events.
- Discounts on advertising in Public Power magazine.
- Use of the APPA Corporate Associate Logo.
- One complimentary electronic APPA mailing list (primary utility contact, U.S. postal address) per year. Customized lists are available for purchase by members only at $.05 per name.
- Unlimited number of subscriptions to Public Power Daily enewsletter.
- Unlimited number of subscriptions to Public Power Weeklyenewsletter.
- Unlimited number of subscriptions to Public Power magazine, in either print or emagazine format.
- Unlimited number of copies of APPA’s Annual Directory & Statistical Report.
Education and Information
- Ability to purchaseAPPA Product Store items at the member rate.
- Opportunities to participate in networking and professional development at APPA Academy conferences, workshops, and seminars at the member rate.
- Access to APPA’s Public Power Directory on PublicPower.org.
- Access to APPA's professional staff and library.
- Access to “members-only” resources on PublicPower.org, including white papers and statistical analysis.
Annual dues are $3,000. If your company is considered a small business under federal Small Business Administration guidelines, your annual dues are $1,500. Applicants in the small business category are responsible for determining and proving eligibility according to Small Business Administration standards (www.sba.gov) and must provide the NAISC or SIC code under which they’re claiming eligibility on the corporate associate membership application.
Associate Membership Categories and Application Forms
- Corporate Associate Membership
Companies that offer products and services to public power systems, including product manufacturers, financial service providers, software developers, consultants, and law firms may join as Corporate Associate members. Associations in the U.S., its territories and possessions, and in Canada that do not have purposes similar to APPA are also eligible for this category.
- Nonprofit Associate Membership
Nonprofit entities in the U.S., its territories and possessions, and Canada that are interested in learning more about public power and the options they have with regard to their community’s electricity service are eligible for membership in this category.
- Individual Associate Membership
Individual employees of companies that offer products and services to public power systems may join APPA in this category.
- Student Membership
For students Interested in pursuing opportunities in public power.
- Educational Institute Membership
For colleges, universities, and training centers that offer classes to employees of the public power industry
Public Power Facts
- There are more than 2,000 public power utilities.
- Public power utilities supply 14.5% of the nation's electricity customers.
- Public power entities serve 18 million residential customers (46 million people) and 2.8 million commercial and industrial customers.
- Public power utilities sell almost 560 million megawatt-hours (MWh) of electricity, about 15.5% of the 3.7 billion MWh sold total.
- Public power entities own more than 110,000 megawatts of generating capacity, almost 10% of the U.S. capacity.
Here’s Why Current Corporate Associates Value Their APPA Membership
“Our membership also gives us access to critical and timely information that affects the industry – information that helps us better serve public power utilities.”
Russ Hissom, CPA, Partner, Energy and Utilities Services, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
“One of the best business development investments we have ever made is our corporate associate membership in the APPA. It has reduced our cost of sponsorship of APPA events, as well as provided us access to a host of APPA informational resources. We have seen significant growth in our public power customers since we joined the APPA.”
Cody Graves, President Automated Energy, Inc., Oklahoma City, Okla.
“APPA corporate associate membership allows Burns & McDonnell the opportunity to remind our public power clients how much we appreciate them…”
Mike Beehler, P.E., Associate Vice President, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo.
"APPA corporate membership allows us to keep abreast of current developments impacting public power and to get a real understanding of nationwide issues affecting our clients."
Jeffrey C. Genzer, Partner, Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke, P.C., Washington, D.C.
“APPA corporate associate membership allows APM to informally meet with its existing customers as well as make new contacts in the public power industry at an affordable price.”
Renee O'Sullivan, Office Manager, ACES Power Marketing, Carmel, Ind.
“We believe it is essential to support APPA’s representation of public power utilities before federal agencies. Contributing to public power’s future health is not only good for public power, but for all of in the industry.”
Carl A. Mycoff, Managing Director, Mycoff, Fry & Prouse LLC, Confier,Colo.
“We value our membership because it gives us the ability to tell the Apogee story and offer innovative solutions. We especially enjoy our participation during the conference sessions – APPA’s professional programs are highly targeted and highly effective in helping us reach the right audiences for Apogee.”
Susan Gilbert, President & CEO, Apogee Interactive, Inc., Atlanta, Ga.