Public Power Week
Public Power Week, celebrated the first full week in October every year, is an opportunity for public power utilities to remind customers and stakeholders about the distinct advantages that public power offers. Check out this page for resources from APPA to help you tell the public power story in your community. In 2017, Public Power Week will be Oct. 1-7 (first full week of October). Need help? Email us at PublicPowerWeek@publicpower.org.
Resources & Templates
You can download these resources and templates (you’ll need your APPA member login) to customize, adapt, and use to educate your community about electricity basics and public power.
- Energy Efficiency Resources
- About Public Power Fact Sheet
- About Public Power Blog Post
- Sample Letter to Business Customers
- Sample News Release
- Sample Proclamation
- Sample OpEd on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- Sample News Release on Energy Efficiency
- Sample Letter to Public Officials
- Sample Newspaper Guest Column or Speech
- Sample Employee Recognition
- Sample Social Media Messages
Animated Video: Did you Know You get Your Electricity From a Public Power Utility?
Even those who know they live in a public power community may not know what that means. An animated video presents the basics of public power and explains how a community-owned utility operates. 15, 30, and 90-second versions of the video are available for you to use.
Social Media Graphics
Use these social media templates to promote Public Power Week through your utility's social media accounts.