APPA Product Store releases newly revised accounting manuals
Originally published February 20, 2013
The APPA Product Store has released two newly revised accounting manuals, Public Utility Accounting and Advanced Public Utility Accounting.
Public Utility Accounting provides management and staff of public power utilities with an overview of accepted utility accounting practices within the Uniform System of Accounts prescribed by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It includes an expanded discussion on the importance of proper account coding and an introduction to basic utility rate design.
Advanced Public Utility Accounting examines topics related to the analysis and interpretation of financial information, including cost allocation, rate design budgeting and internal controls.
The accounting manuals were written by instructors of the APPA Academy’s popular accounting courses. They can be purchased separately or as a package at a discounted price.
Attendees at Public Utility Accounting courses offered through the APPA Academy will receive these publications as part of their course materials. These classes will be offered at the Spring Education Institute, May 6-10 in Anaheim, Calif.
For more information or to purchase these publications, visit the online APPA Product Store at www.PublicPower.org, send an email toProducts@PublicPower.org, or call 202/467-2926.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Solar deal places nonprofit under state law, N.C. appeals court says
- Hurricane Maria hits already reeling Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
- House subcommittee schedules additional power industry hearings
- FERC says N.Y. agency relinquished right to act on certification tied to pipeline
- Sponsored Advertising FeatureWorkforce automation helps utilities avoid operational headaches
- Florida public power utilities close in on completing power restoration
- NREL says installed cost of solar power hit record lows in Q1
- Small Iowa city launches municipalization study
- Public power to participate in DOE-funded grid resilience, cybersecurity projects
- Boulder says PUC ruling gives city a 'path forward' for municipalization
- Utility crews are on the move as Category 5 Hurricane Irma approaches US
- After Irma, 6 million lack power in Florida — and the trucks are on their way
- Wholesale power markets are focus of House hearing
- Houston struggles with floods, outages, as the rain keeps falling
- After pullout from Summer nuclear units, Moody’s affirms credit ratings