National Conference Deadlines Approaching
Originally published May 13, 2013
Several deadlines are quickly approaching for anyone attending the 2013 APPA National Conference, June 14-19, in Nashville, Tenn.
The deadline for conference attendees to sign up for the Public Power Day of Giving is Friday, May 17. The Day of Giving is an excellent way to meet other conference attendees while volunteering at one of several Nashville-based charities. The Day of Giving will be held Friday, June 14.
The deadline to make hotel reservations in the APPA room block at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville is May 13. The room block may sell out before this cutoff date, so early reservations are encouraged. If you need help with your hotel reservations, call 202/467-2938 or email the APPA Meetings Department.
The early registration deadline for the National Conference is May 24. Attendees who register before May 24 will save $50 off their conference registration fee.
Space is also filling up quickly for the 10 preconference seminars, so attendees are encouraged to register for preconference seminars now to reserve their space.
Preconference seminars are designed for utility managers, board members and policymakers. Seminars offered on Saturday, June 15, include:
• Electric Utility Basics
• Overview of Utility Financial Operations for Boards
• Strategic Planning for Long-Term Utility Effectiveness
• Understanding a Utility’s Cost Structure and its Effects on Customers’ Rates
• The Strategic Value of Demand Response for Public Power
Preconference seminars offered on Sunday, June 16, include:
• Smart Grid: New Opportunities and Challenges for Public Power
• Pole Attachment Issues
• Duties, Responsibilities and Legal Obligations of Public Power Governing Boards
• The Boards’ Role in Monitoring Utility Performance
• Preparing Your Utility for Upcoming Storms: Disaster Preparedness
The 2013 APPA National Conference will be held June 14-19 at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tenn. The National Conference is APPA's premier annual event, designed for utility executives, directors and managers; utility policymakers, including elected and appointed board members, mayors, and city council members; and industry partners, including suppliers, vendors and consultants.
Visit www.publicpower.org/NationalConference for complete information about the conference program, volunteering for the Day of Giving, registering for the conference and preconference seminars, and making hotel reservations.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Solar deal places nonprofit under state law, N.C. appeals court says
- Hurricane Maria hits already reeling Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
- House subcommittee schedules additional power industry hearings
- FERC says N.Y. agency relinquished right to act on certification tied to pipeline
- Sponsored Advertising FeatureWorkforce automation helps utilities avoid operational headaches
- Florida public power utilities close in on completing power restoration
- NREL says installed cost of solar power hit record lows in Q1
- Small Iowa city launches municipalization study
- Public power to participate in DOE-funded grid resilience, cybersecurity projects
- Boulder says PUC ruling gives city a 'path forward' for municipalization