Short takes ...
Originally published May 16, 2013
The Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator has changed its name to Midcontinent Independent System Operator. "Because of the recent growth of MISO operations, 'Midcontinent' better represents our expanding footprint, said the grid operator. On May 8, MISO said it would expand its presence in Arkansas by adding a regional operations center in Little Rock. The facility will serve as the hub for MISO’s new Southern Region.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- NYPA’s Quiniones, CPS Energy recognized for energy transformation efforts
- To reduce impact of regulations, DOE should comply with process rules, Association says
- Judge backs New York on plan to support nuclear generation
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability