Short takes ...
Originally published May 16, 2013
The Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator has changed its name to Midcontinent Independent System Operator. "Because of the recent growth of MISO operations, 'Midcontinent' better represents our expanding footprint, said the grid operator. On May 8, MISO said it would expand its presence in Arkansas by adding a regional operations center in Little Rock. The facility will serve as the hub for MISO’s new Southern Region.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Solar deal places nonprofit under state law, N.C. appeals court says
- Hurricane Maria hits already reeling Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
- House subcommittee schedules additional power industry hearings
- FERC says N.Y. agency relinquished right to act on certification tied to pipeline
- Sponsored Advertising FeatureWorkforce automation helps utilities avoid operational headaches
- Utility crews are on the move as Category 5 Hurricane Irma approaches US
- After Irma, 6 million lack power in Florida — and the trucks are on their way
- Wholesale power markets are focus of House hearing
- Houston struggles with floods, outages, as the rain keeps falling
- After pullout from Summer nuclear units, Moody’s affirms credit ratings